The City of Kent will be holding a Recycling Collection Event on June 4, 2016 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) at the Kent Phoenix Academy, located at 11000 SE 264th St. The following items will be accepted:
- Appliances & scrap metal, such as washers, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, stoves, water heaters, engines, microwaves, BBQs, lawn mowers, metal lawn chairs, swing sets, cast iron sinks & tubs, auto parts, iron, steel, aluminum, brass, copper as well as other ferrous and non ferrous metals. No metals that are insulated, rubber coated, oily, previously or currently contain chemicals, paint or hazardous material, light fixture ballasts or sealed drums will be accepted.
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners. No industrial fridges or freezers will be accepted.
- Toilets and sinks, with the toilet seat and wax ring on the base removed.
- Electronics, such as DVD players, VCRs, stereo equipment, printers, fax machines, scanners, cell phones, CPUs and accessories (keyboards/mouse). No computer monitors, laptops or TVs will be accepted.
- Flattened cardboard, as long as it isn’t wax-coated.
- Batteries, AAAA, AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, 9v, as well as rechargeable and cell phone batteries. No Ni-cads will be accepted.
- Lead acid batteries, from car, truck, marine or motorcycles.
- Residential propane tanks.
- Bulky yard debris, such as logs and large branches that are more than four inches in diameter. No brush, sod, grass clippings, blackberry bushes, leaves, small branches, rocks or stumps will be accepted.
- Scrap wood. No painted, stained, treated or laminated wood will be accepted.
- Reusable household goods. Clean clothing and miscellaneous household items in good condition will be accepted. No wet items, furniture or broken/damaged goods will be accepted.
- Document shredding. You are permitted up to three file-sized boxes per vehicle.
- Concrete, asphalt, rock, brick & sand. Place on a tarp for easy removal. Residential material only.
- Mattresses. No commercial loads or soiled items.
The following items will not be accepted:
- Construction or demolition debris
- Motor oil/antifreeze/petroleum based products
- Grass/leaves/small yard debris
- Window glass/mirrors
- Latex paint
- Plastic pools/toys/hoses
- Painted or treated wood
- Paint of any kind
- Solvents and thinners
- Cleaning products
- Household chemicals
- Fluorescent lights
More information is available on the City of Kent website.