Roadwork is back in a big way this weekend, Sept. 22-25. In Kent, travelers should prepare for traffic delays on northbound Interstate 5 between Kent and Tukwila.
Pavement repair contractor crews working on the #ReviveI5 project will reduce northbound I-5 to two lanes Friday and Saturday nights between Kent and Tukwila. The lane closures will allow contractor crews to repave the eastbound SR 516 ramp to northbound I-5 and to add permanent, reflective striping.
- 9 PM Friday, Sept. 22, to 8 AM Saturday, Sept. 23: Northbound I-5 reduced to two lanes.
- 8 PM Saturday, Sept. 23, to 11 AM Sunday, Sept. 24: Northbound I-5 reduced to two lanes. The eastbound SR 516 ramp to northbound I-5 and the northbound I-5 ramp to westbound SR 516 will be closed.
Also be aware of other roadwork in the Puget Sound area this weekend:
SR 509 will have lane closures in Burien. Contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will reduce SR 509 to one lane in each direction between South 112th and South 168th streets from 7 PM Friday to 6 AM Monday. During the lane closures, crews will finish work to replace the median guardrail with a concrete barrier.
The First Avenue Bridge South will also be undergoing deck repair in Seattle. WSDOT maintenance crews will reduce northbound SR 99 to two lanes on the First Avenue South Bridge from 6:30 to 11 AM Saturday, Sept. 23, to repair the steel bridge deck.
- Plan around the weekend travel delays by checking out WSDOT’s new Weekly Travel Planner
- Carpool, take transit and plan to travel early or late in the day to avoid the added congestion.
- Check the Seattle traffic website for travel times and alerts.
- For more information on scheduled lane reductions and detours, visit the King County construction page.