A home that’s over 100 years old in Maple Valley caught fire early Tuesday morning, Aug. 21.

Nobody was injured, and the homeowner got out safely.

Firefighters had to take a defensive stand against the blaze, which burned hot because sawdust was used for insulation, making it difficult to extinguish.

The electrical meter also had to be pulled.

The home is located in the 24400 block of 208th Ave SE:

Scott Schaefer

Founder/Publisher/Editor. Three-time National Emmy Award winning Writer (“Bill Nye the Science Guy”), Director, Producer, Journalist and more...