A garage fire Sunday morning (Jan. 6) in the 25800 block of 201st Ave SE in Covington (map below) was caused by a candle and is considered accidental, Puget Sound Fire reported.

The resident was using candles in the home due to the power outage caused by last night’s windstorm.

There were no injuries, and Red Cross is assisting the family.

Scott Schaefer

Founder/Publisher/Editor. Three-time National Emmy Award winning Writer (“Bill Nye the Science Guy”), Director, Producer, Journalist and more...