Walk. Give. Change the world.

The CROP Walk is coming to Kent on Sunday, Oct. 7.

Join Kent’s 26th annual CROP Hunger Walk sponsored by Church World Service (CWS) and hosted by Kent Lutheran Church. The Walk symbolizes the walk many people around the world must make for basic resources such as food and water.

Money raised supports food programs in emergency response as well as longer term solutions like enhancing food security and providing sustainable safe water supplies. 75 percent of funds support the global development work of CWS.* The remaining 25 percent stays in Kent to bolster the local hunger-fighting efforts. The 2018 local recipients are Kent Community Supper, HOME and the Kent Food Bank.

*Undesignated online donations will default to the walk’s parent organization CWS. If you would like to designate specifically to a sister agency, be sure to specify under the “Alternate Agency” option that appears on the payment method screen.

“Together, we can help end hunger in our community and around the world.”

WHERE: Walkers will gather at Kent Lutheran Church, 336 2nd Avenue South, Kent, WA 98032

WHEN: Sunday, Oct. 7:

  • Registration Time:12:30 p.m.
  • Walk Time: 1:00 p.m.

Walk Distance: 5 1/2 miles or shorter

REGISTER: https://www.crophungerwalk.org/kentwa/Account/Register

INFO: More info here: https://www.crophungerwalk.org/kentwa/

CONTACT: Question? Please contact:

Pam Cunningham
[email protected]

Scott Schaefer

Founder/Publisher/Editor. Three-time National Emmy Award winning Writer (“Bill Nye the Science Guy”), Director, Producer, Journalist and more...