On Friday (Nov. 9), the latest results from Tuesday’s election were released, and challenger Mona Das now leads incumbent Joe Fain by 548 votes.
On Thursday, Das was ahead by 206 votes, or .42 percent.
Her 548 vote lead is by 1.02 percent, which means the race is likely beyond a recount, as the trigger for that is .5 percent.
According to the WA Secretary of State, “a machine recount is required when the difference between the top two candidates is less than 2,000 votes AND ALSO less than 1/2 of 1% of the total number of votes cast for both candidates.”
Legislative District 47 – State Senator:
- Joe Fain (Prefers Republican Party): 26,755 • 49.49%
- Mona Das (Prefers Democratic Party): 27,303 • 50.51%
Total Votes (not including write-ins): 54,058
OTHER LOCAL RESULTS:
Legislative District 47 – State Representative Pos. 1:
- Mark Hargrove (Prefers Republican Party): 25,375 • 46.83%
- Debra Entenman (Prefers Democratic Party): 28,806 • 53.17%
Total Votes (not including write-ins): 54,181
Legislative District 47 – State Representative Pos. 2:
- Pat Sullivan (Prefers Democratic Party): 33,722 • 62.61%
- Ted Cooke(Prefers Republican Party): 20,136 • 37.39%
Total Votes (not including write-ins): 53,858
The voter turnout in King County this election was very high – 72.08 percent.
The next round of returns will be released late Tuesday afternoon (Nov. 13), due to the Veterans Day holiday on Monday.
Final results will be certified Nov. 27.