A house fire in the 21800 block of 121st Place in Kent (map below) on Tuesday displaced five.

A smoke alarm alerted residents of the home, and all escaped unharmed.

Puget Sound Fire says the cause of the blaze was “discarded smoking materials.”

The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.

Additional firefighting help came from the Renton Regional Fire Authority.

Scott Schaefer

Founder/Publisher/Editor. Three-time National Emmy Award winning Writer (“Bill Nye the Science Guy”), Director, Producer, Journalist and more...