Eighteen people were displaced by a fire at the Summerwalk Villa Apartments at 22440 Benson Road SE in Kent on Sunday, April 21.

Puget Sound Fire confirmed that all occupants were safely out of the building, which suffered damage to four units.

The Red Cross will be assisting those left homeless after the blaze.

UPDATE: Firefighters say the cause of the fire was unattended food on the stove. The fire is considered accidental.

Scott Schaefer

Founder/Publisher/Editor. Three-time National Emmy Award winning Writer (“Bill Nye the Science Guy”), Director, Producer, Journalist and more...