Smoke alarms awakened the family. No injuries were reported.

Just after midnight, smoke alarms woke up a Kent family to find an electrical fire in the master bedroom in the 24600 block of 101st Place on East Hill. The residents used a fire extinguisher, but the fire continued to grow, so the family evacuated the home and called 9-1-1.

A bedroom fire causes smoke damage.Puget Sound Fire units were dispatched at 12:18 AM and were soon on location. Due to the quick actions of Fire Engine 74, the fire was contained to the master bedroom.

The residents are receiving help from the American Red Cross due to the smoke damage throughout the upstairs sleeping areas.

In addition to Puget Sound Fire Units, South King County Medic One responded to check the family members and provide support to the fire crews.


Dana Neuts

I am a full-time freelance writer, editor, marketing pro and the publisher of