REMINDER: Northwest Symphony Orchestra’s (NWSO) “Music From Latin America” family concert will be this Saturday, Oct. 14, 2023, starting at 7:30 p.m. at the Highline Performing Arts Center in Burien.
Last season, NWSO began its season with music from Latin America, and it was so successful that they decided to start their new season with another concert on that theme – with more new and exciting music.
Back by popular demand is tenor soloist José Iñiguez, and they’ll also introduce 14-year-old prodigy Hana Gottesman – performing the violin solo on Summer from The Four Seasons by Astor Piazzolla.
This concert is also in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, and they will be joined by other guest artists, speakers, as well as students from the Highline School District and Key to Change.
- Four Dances from Estancia: Alberto Ginastera
- Verano Porteño (Summer) from Las Estaciones Porteñas: Astor Piazzolla, Hana Gottesman, violin soloist
- Caribeña (Caribbean): Miguel del Aguila
- Popular Boleros: Jose Iniguez, tenor soloist, Danza Espanola, Bob Phillips, with students from Highline School District and Key to Change
- Danzón No. 2: Arturo Márquez
- Adults $20, seniors $25, Students 18 and under FREE.
- Tickets available at the box office the evening of the concert.
- Tickets also available for the concert online or by calling Brown Paper Tickets at 800-838-3006.
- WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 14, 2023, 7:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Highline Performing Arts Center, 401 S 152nd Street, Burien 98166: